Shake up your household menu – and put your fully equipped kitchen to use – with this easy-to-follow recipe, courtesy of Chroma, the best place to rent in San Antonio.
Our apartments near Downtown San Antonio know that your usual rotation of recipes can get rather dull at times. So, if you’re seeking one that really packs a punch and doesn’t require a whole lot of spend to make it right, consider this tried-and-true Italian recipe for Pasta Carbonara. A fulfilling meal since the 1940s, this egg-based recipe consists of pasta, bacon, cheese, and of course, egg. Pasta Carbonara might be rich, but it is very light on your wallet. Plus, you’ll adore the fact that this recipe only uses one pan. Check out the ingredients needed, as well as the directions, below!
• 8-ounces dried spaghetti
• 2 large eggs
• ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
• 4 slices of bacon, diced
• 4 teaspoons minced garlic
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• Chopped fresh parsley, to taste
1. First, boil a large pot of water and cook the pasta according to package instructions. Once done, reserve ½ cup of the starchy water and drain the rest well.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the two eggs and grated Parmesan. Set aside.
3. Now, it’s time to fry up the bacon. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the bacon. Cook until the meat is brown and crispy. Do not remove from pan once done.
4. Stir the minced garlic in with the cooked bacon. Keep cooking the garlic until it’s slightly browned and giving off a strong, mouthwatering aroma. Then, reduce heat to low.
5. With the bacon and garlic still in the pan, work quickly to add the cooked pasta and egg mixture. (Take too long, and your eggs will cook in place, instead of evenly coating the pasta!) Toss everything to combine.
6. Add reserved pasta water, one tablespoon at a time, until the pasta reaches your desired consistency. Add salt, pepper, and chopped parsley to taste.
7. Serve immediately with a bit of extra Parmesan on top, if desired.